Tell me this would you miss it
Trying on another face again to see if it’s you
And wondering where you’ve been
And where you’re going to find yourself before the night is through
I know the way you go ‘cause I’ve been the same for too long
Like I’m fearful that my choices are all wrong
I know the way you go ‘cause I’ve lived your life of make-believe
Dying to live
Dying to live
Tell me this is it lonely
In the shadows of the masquerade for life you hide behind
And what’s the deal with your reasons
To run away and let your feelings leave you undefined
— Poets of the Fall, Dying to Live
Jimlock for anon
You had fair warning that my blog was NSFW
I meant it. Also, if you don’t make your request specific it may turn into random porn.
The situation is becoming an impossible one.
So, if you are one reblog this & I’ll follow you.
I’m in a state of constant confusion, so I’m gonna ask a question here… :) :
for those folks who ship Sherlock and Moriarty…
what is the proper name for that otp? I’ve seen so many that I don’t know which to go with.
Is it Sherliarty? Sheriarty? Jimlock? Morlock? any others?
uggh, which one?
I prefer Jimlock (as you might have noticed) and I also use Sheriarty.
Morlock doesn’t seem to be used as much, but I track the tag just in case. I haven’t been tracking the Sherliarty tag, but I am now to check it out!
WHY IS MORIARTY’S CHARACTER SO BADLY MISUNDERSTOOD??
LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU
- JIM MORIARTY DID NOT KILL HIMSELF BECAUSE HE WAS “OMG LIEK SO BORED”.
- JIM MORIARTY DID NOT KILL HIMSELF PURELY TO MAKE SHERLOCK JUMP OFF THE ROOF
- JIM MORIARTY DID NOT KILL HIMSELF BEFORE HE WAS OMG. LIKE. SO. BORED.
- Jim Moriarty did NOT kill himself because he was omg like so bored.
- Jim Moriarty did not kill himself because he’s a psychopath because he is not a psychopath.
REASONS JIM MORIARTY KILLED HIMSELF:
- Oh, I don’t know - because he, as a character, is completely fucking unhinged?
- Because he spends the duration of the second series referring to a song that includes the lyrics ‘i’m going nowhere, somebody help me’ and ‘i’ve been kicked around since i was born but it’s alright, it’s okay, you may look the other way’ and ‘feel the city breakin’ and everybody’s shakin and we’re staying alive’
and no one, not even consluting detective genius Sherlock Holmes, realises that jesus fucking christ, there is something very very wrong with this man.
INDICATED BY THE WAY he has taken a song as upbeat as staying alive and turned it into something suicidal, god fucking damnit.
- Because people think that he is fucking his sniper, even though the fundamental difference between he and Sherlock is the fact that he is alone, and always has been, because he never lets anyone get to him.
- Because he’s in pain. He, unlike Sherlock, wears his heart on his sleeve. That’s what throws people off. One moment he’s screaming in rage and the next he’s purring like a pussy-cat. His mood genuinely shifts like that. HE IS SOOOO CHANGEABLE, it’s his greatest weakness, though, to be fair on him, it is his only weakness. He fucking breaks down on the roof. If your thoughts were “it was an act” then oh god you just really need to fuck off because WHY WAS IT AN ACT. WHY BOTHER. JAKLSDF;ALSKDFA
People love a good villain who they can dehumanise, who they can bastardise and take pleasure in killing off. There’s a strange hypocrisy in that.
and while i’m at it
how fucking annoying are all the posts about ~”OMGGGGG MORIARTY IS REALLY DEAD”? Certainly not nearly as annoying as the posts about “OMG POOR SEBBYYYY” and “NOW MORMOR WILL NEVER HAPPEN”
… Implying that MorMor ever would actually happen?
(a friendly reminder that denying a ship is not tantamount to ship hate. I ship mormor. I even wrote fanfiction. That doesn’t mean that I want it to be canon, and it doesn’t mean that it ever would be canon.)
JKSLFJAL;JDFA; JAKSLDFJAKL;JF AKL;DJFAKL;FJDA; SJFDAWOEIJRANFDASF
Yeah, whatever. I’m sure they would have made the back of his head explode if they could. BUT THEY DIDN’T. BECAUSE THE SCENE ON THAT ROOF, THAT INTIMATE EXCHANGE OF WORDS AND THE HEARTFELT HANDHOLD*, WAS ABOUT THE CLOSEST THING TO ROMANTIC AS SHERLOCK HOLMES GETS.
THE CONNECTION JIM AND SHERLOCK HAD, HOWEVER FLEETING, WAS THE MOST TENDER DISPLAY OF HUMAN EMOTION I HAVE EVER SEEN IN TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSEDLY SOCIOPATHS.
*(DON’T EVEN. A HANDSHAKE GOES LIKE THIS:
1. TAKE PERSON’S HAND IN FIRM GRIP
1. OFFER HAND LOOKING VULNERABLE
2. STARE AT HAND, SOMEWHAT CONFUSED AND SURPRISED BY GESTURE, BUT TAKE HAND NEVERTHELESS.
3. GRIP HAND TIGHTLY WHILST LOOKING INTO THE OTHER PERSON’S EYES AND TEARING UP.
4. PULL HAND TOWARD SELF
5. TIGHTLY SQUEEZE OTHER PERSON’S HAND, HOLD THEM CLOSE SO THAT YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS ALONE, AND SHOOT SELF IN MOUTH.)
Professor James Moriarty, as written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, was a narcissist and a violent psychopath by nature (though, even that is debatable).
Jim Moriarty, as written by Gatiss and Moffat and Thompson and whoever else, is a character who (like Sherlock) has spent his entire life being identified as a freak, as a sociopath, as a little weirdo, etc. IT ISN’T TRUE for either of them. Jim was not sociopath. Sherlock is not a ‘high functioning sociopath’. He is not a sociopath at all.
JIM KILLED CARL POWERS BECAUSE HE ‘LAUGHED AT HIM’.
You cannot tell me that Jim hasn’t been the victim of cruelty. You just can’t.
Intelligent children do not, generally speaking, kill other children without having a damn good reason to. I mean let’s face it. We’re looking at relentless bullying and probably a broken home, because otherwise he’d have someone to turn to.
That’s the thing about Jim - he doesn’t have anyone to turn to. He’s never had anyone to turn to. That’s what makes he and Sherlock so different. Where Sherlock had (still has, really) people like Mycroft and ‘Mummy’ and Lestrade and John to keep him on the straight and narrow, Jim did not. Jim never had anyone to say ‘no, this isn’t right, you need to stop now’.
There was no one there to ‘fix it’ for Jim, so he fixed it for himself.
They are the same. They were born the same. However, we are defined by our experiences. Sherlock and Jim’s experiences form the foundations of the wall that stands between them. They are the same chemical reaction performed under different conditions. Kind of like graphite and diamond. The wall that stands between them is shattered on the rooftop, of course. You can practically see it crumbling as Sherlock’s voice softens and Jim voice gets all sad and “you talk big, but naah. you’re ordinary, you’re ordinary - you’re on the side of the angels”.Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side. The Reichenbach Fall didn’t have a victor. They both won, and they both lost.
yeah right no emotion there.
#I AINT EVEN WOOBIFYING
A lot of coffee, a lot of Three Days Grace, a lot of talking to a special someone AND I END UP DRAWING EMO WHAT THE FUCK SHERIARTY SHIT.
OH lord. This is so lame.